Crib question

So this morning my son climbed out of his crib and fell, my husband has lowered the crib but i am still worried. He is only 14 months and i think he's still too young to be in a toddler bed, is there anything that you can put on the crib to keep him in?

kassee

Asked by kassee at 11:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• @ Jademom07: ROFL... isn't a crib like a baby jail anyway hehe

@ OP: you can get a crib tent, 14 months is still way young to be moved to a toddler bed... it's really hard to get them to stay in it long enough to fall asleep... tried it with my little one... was too early, switched it back to a crib :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My DD was only @ 3 months older when we put her in a toddler bed. If your LO wants out, why not go ahead? Otherwise, you will need a crib tent but IMO that's like baby jail.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If he fell he may not try it again for a while anyways. My son climbed out and fell once, then we lowered it as much as we could and it's been 3 months and there hasn't been another incident.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• thank yall, I want to wait a little longer to see if he is gonna try it again, if he does i will just convert the crib. Im just worried about him running around the room when we put him to sleep
    kassee

Comment by kassee (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We put our boys in toddler bed as soon as they began crawling out of their cribs. which was 13 months and 11 months.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• we converted DD's crib into a tot bed with the use of duct tape at about that age and just stuck a baby gate in front of the door so her room was like a huge crib. she fell asleep on the floor three times and then decided to just sleep in her bed but it took a week of trying to convince her to stay in bed at bedtime before it worked.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I used the net thing~gave me a month or two more time before moving him out of the crib (my friends toddler broke her arm climbing out of her crib).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• So did your LO do ok in the toddler bed when you switched? He has his own room and there isnt anything that can hurt him in there. Do yall think its safe to just convert the crib and let him sleep in the toddler bed?
    kassee

Comment by kassee (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Ours is nearly 20 months. We always keep the top of the crib about level with her shoulders. She has yet to try to climb out. The crib can be lowered one more level and when it reaches the point, then we'll switch to the toddler bed. She'll probably be about two when this happens and that's about the youngest we'd consider switching to a toddler bed. As MomtoElliet says, it's really hard keeping a toddler in bed when they don't want to be there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• thank yall, i think im gonna look into getting a crib tent. Im worried he will climb out again and hurt himself
    kassee

Comment by kassee (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2010