how do you goin only the 20 to 30 lbs you are supposed to gain during prego....and not more?

i am with #3 and with my first two i gained a ton of weight with #1 i went from 120 to 180 YIKES! and with #2 i went from 155 to 180 again. before i got prego with #3 i was under 130 lbs. not a bad size for me since i am only 5 5 ....but i do not want to go past 150 if possible.....at almost ten weeks i am weighing in at 131 lbs...so i have gained maybe 4 to 5 lbs in a 2 1/2 months is that good?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 11:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well with your #2 you only gained 25 pounds!! Eat healthy, walk or do light exercise regularly. How big have your babies been? That has some to do with the weight gain as well. Don't be afraid to gain weight, don't try to diet - just do what is healthy. Ask your doctor too, he/she can give you more advice on this subject.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• you do it by eating healthy and getting a safe and healthy amount of exercise. Pregnant women only need 500 more calories for their diet than anyone else. Most of us do eat about that much more in calories then we need every day.

So just eat healthy, and keep track of your calories. And, if it's safe, some moderate exercise.
    My friend only gained 22 pounds with her first pregnancy. She achieved that by carefully paying attention to her calorie intake.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Some one told me when I was pregnant that if I kept moving, the labor would be easier. I jumped on that!
    I kept working and on the days I wasn't working, I moved around a lot at home and went for a lot of walks.
    I also cut out some of my junk snacking and traded it for healthier foods.
    I didn't do any hard exercises, but I kept moving. That combined with the healthier eating kept me from gaining too much. I only gained about 22 pounds. I didn't do it for the weight thing, but only to make my labor easier!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• by eating healthy.
    there are also pregnancy exercise classes and videos you can do to stay in shape while pregnant.

"eating for two" is not correct, it's just an excuse for women to eat more but in the end it is bad since they have more weight to lose after it's over.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Well...about a pound a week after the first two months is your goal. If you eat healthy foods from the four food groups and avoid soda, sweets and fried foods you should be in good shape. You also need to get a little exercise every day...something mild and low impact. (Walking, yoga for pregos, etc.) You'll also feel better if you do this. That being said, your first goal should be a healthy pregnancy...the LAST thing you want to do is diet while pregnant. It will be much easier to loose those 15 extra pounds than it will be to deal with the repercussions of not eating right to the long term health of your child.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would meet with a nutritionalist. Get on a diet like you would if you had gestational diabetes, and that will help keep your weight under control. That's what I plan on doing with my next one. :) Good luck! sounds like you're doing great!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The best way to gain 25-35lbs during a pregnancy is to exercise (like walking and stuff) everyday, and to eat healthy. Try to eat lots of fruits and veggies, and stay away from things that are full of empty calories like soda, cookies, and stuff like that.

With my first, I gained 40lbs, and it took me forever to lose that last 15lbs that stuck to me... so I'm going to try to eat a lot healthier with my next pregnancy.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You sound like your doing fine...... just drink lots of water, avoid processed food and you should be ok!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Eat only healthy foods. Avoid junk food if you can. Not only will this help you only gain a healthy weight while you're pregnant, but it will make it easier to loose the weight after the baby is born. Drink a lot of water, too, to keep yourself hydrated and keep active.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I gained a lot of weight with my first pregnancy. I found out late in my pregnancy that I had gestational diabetes. With my second pregnancy, I acted like I had gestational diabetes from the start. I actually lost 2 pounds by the end of that pregnancy.
    Wish I could stick to that now that I am no longer pregnant...
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2010