Kindergarten School supply list?

My eldest shild is finally going into kindergarten this year :) but i still haven't gotten a school supply list and i kinda wanna go out and get supplies now before the big rush..does anyone know what kindergartner's need? i figured glue sticks, composition notebooks, folders, backpack, crayons and markers is there anything else i'm forgetting?

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 11:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You may want to wait on the list, the teachers ask for a specific amount because they share most of it. You could check the school website, there might be one on there.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• does your child's school have a website?
    I found the lists for the schools in my area on their sites just because I was curious about them, mine aren't even old enough for school yet LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Call the school and ask when it will be coming. A lot of schools now give a long list of things, for the student as well as for the classroom. Some things may be provided by the school and other things may not.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• probably tissues, wipes and sanitizing gel, safety scissors..something to put it all in? idk, my school SAID it will mail out this info/orientation dates/times about a week before. but i understand your anxiousness..i like to be prepared, too. just remember, some schools/teachers may ask for something specific, in order to not have any student out-do or stand-out from the class..it may be safe to wait.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Most of your kindergarten supplies will be shared as a class. And every school is different, my daughter just finished Kindergarten... she needed a backpack, pencil box, crayons and colored pencils that were hers alone. Everything else was taken by the teacher and used as needed, tissues, glue sticks (which they can never have too many) white glue, and large plastic ziplock bags, baby wipes and hand sanitizer.

It is also common for teachers to break up items and say that boys bring tissues and girls bring ziplock bags... So, if you are wanting to buy the minimum I'd wait for the list. However, the teacher will be eternally grateful for any extra supplies that you bring. This will help for students that do not have or forget! :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I went over to the school office and asked for a supply list on Monday and they had the lists there. Basically all the things everyone said and we have to also supply computer paper and dry erase markers for the teachers.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• For kindergarten the basics were needed. Crayons, markers, glue sticks, pencils, supple holder, folder, back pack, tissues and baby wipes. Hand sanitizer was asked for but only if parents could bring it in. Grade school students aren't allow to carry hand sanitizer at all in our district. Notebooks aren't normally used in kindergarten. But save them for the years to come. Plus any thing you buy now that isn't needed by the school, save for home. Or donate to the class room.

MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 4:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Here's our list. I think I already have everything on the list in my stash.

1 plastic pencil box – approximately 8” x 5” (no bigger)
    2 #2 pencils with eraser
    3 (or more) glue sticks
    1 box of 24 crayons
    1 pkg. of thin washable markers
    1 pkg. of thin colored pencils
    1 folder with two pockets inside
    Backpack - big enough for boots, sweater, and folder. No wheels allowed.

AM and PM kids need to bring in different things. My son needs to bring a roll of paper towel; the other things are baby wipes, tissues, and quart or gallon bags.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010