Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 7 month old son has had bad stomach ache since 8:30pm last night and refuses to eat. Only had one bottle since then and vomited most of it while straining with the pain... i think he's constipated, but not sure. Any thoughts on what may be the problem? Any suggestions on what i can do? I'm thinking i should just take him t the ER.... :(

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (6)
  • He could be having stomach cramps. I would call the doctor and see what they recommend since vomiting can lead to dehydration.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • If you can't get him into his dr then go to the er....if they can do anything. That is what I would do if I was really worried and at a loss. How long has it been since his last BM? You can always take a rectal temp, load it up with vaseline. That sometimes gets it nice and lubed up down there that a BM can pass. I have had to wet a Qtip with baby oil and insert it just into the edge of the rectum to get their poop to pass. but the temp check does the same thing.

    Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • if he hasnt eaten in 12 hours and vomitted the only bottle food he had then please take him to the ER or doctor office right away

    Answer by cara124 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • It sounds like that he probably is constipated but I would make sure to take him to the Dr. to get an expert opinion of what you can do as this can get ugly really quickly.

    Answer by hsmominky at 12:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • thanks for all your suggestions. If he doesn't have a bowel movement in the next two hrs i'm taking him to the er. Thanks.

    Answer by brooklyns1mama at 12:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • It's really scary... we went in for a docs visit per my sons' condition and she sent us straight to the ER for a sonograms. It ends up that my son has is intestines inverted "introtuception". They did an air enema on him and it seems to have cleared the problem. If it had not then he would have needed emergency surgery..... so scary! Moms always take your lil ones to the docs i would have never though this could happen to my lil boy.....

    He is hospitalized for observation and will all well, god willing we get to go home tomorrow.

    Answer by brooklyns1mama at 12:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.