anyones child have selective mutism really trying to connect with more moms adult content

my son who is 5 has selective mutism and ive been trying to onnect with more moms who are going through what i am if u wanna talk please let me know thanks :)

heidi1016

Asked by heidi1016 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Have you seen this website? It might be worth looking at?? http://www.selectivemutism.org/ Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My daughter doesn't have it, but one of her friends does/did. Her friend, E, was in her kindergarten class and she used to tell me "E doesn't talk to anyone" or "E is REALLY quiet" When it came time to go into 1st grade, her mom invited us over for a playdate and asked if my daughter would be her "special friend" for that year at school. E would talk to one person, my daughter, so she asked if my daughter would relay any questions, comments, etc to the teacher/classroom peers. It worked well and they were in class together for 1st and 2nd grade. By 3rd grade (this year) E was more comfortable speaking, but she's still a quiet girl.

Answer by missanc at 6:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010