Do you let neighbors kids come in your house to play?

The kids in my neighborhood think they can come when they want and leave when they want. I wouldn't mind as much if they would stay outside and play or go to their house some. They come about everyday. I am feeling overwhelmed because I babysit a couple kids and have 3 of my own. Money is tight now and they will come in and eat the kids snacks when they live next door.

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 12:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I don't mind if they come over. But when I want to clean or its time to eat..I just politely tell them its time to go home and Josh will call them or go to thier house to pick let them know when they can come back.
    They are kids...its your house...you can chase them out with a wooden spoon if they won't leave,lol. My sons friends think I'm crazy sometimes, lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Sure I do, but it's my house and I'm in charge. I decide if it's a good time for a visit or not, and I decide when it's time to go home! I also decide if and when I'm going to offer snacks.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• What do you do when they get rude? These kids are just plain rude and rowdy running around the house. They don't listen when I tell them to go home.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• How old are these kids?
    Everyone of them that have a history of being rude or not listening in my house wouldn't even get to stick another toe in my door until they have apologized to me and agree that as long as they are in MY house, they will have some respect or they can go home.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• 7 years. My kids are all under 8.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Really? 7 years old and they act like that. I was expecting you to say teens,lol.
    Is there a way you can keep the door locked, even if its a screen door so they can't just walk in and when they knock , tell them NOT TODAY guys.
    If they won't stop, I would go to thier parents.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The neighbor kids come over a lot and my son goes to their homes too. Usually they start at my house then go to the next door neighbors then to the house three down from us and then back to my house to start over.lol If the kids won't behave or get rude they are asked to leave. One day one of the boys didn't want to go I called his mom and she came and got him. He was not allowed back over until he apologized and could behave. Stand your ground you don't have to let them in and you can kick them out when you want.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I have sent a couple kids home for coming to my house at 8:00 am when I was working out. My kids were still in the bed and they were knocking and ringing the doorbell repeatedly.
    reesemom

Comment by reesemom (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I used to have SO Many kids at my house when my kids were growing up- they were all pretty good, i would not of put up with any of them being Rude or Disrespectful! Tell them they can't come back over until they learn some manners & can follow your rules!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010