For moms over 40

I saw this "article" in last year's Glamour magazine and thought I'd post it here:

What did you like most about your 20's? Least?
What did you like most about your 30's? Least?
What did you like most about your 40's? Least?

I'll start:
20's
Liked: My high energy level & ambition; Disliked: Being unsure of my career goals. (After getting my degree, I hated my career field!)
30's
Liked: my great fashion sense! (and hairstyles); Disliked: Being naive about responses I'd get when trying to assert myself. Also regret not enjoying my 30's more (in regard to my not-so-wrinkled skin!)
40's
Likes: well, I turned 40 last December so I'm just starting out on this "journey"! I like the fact that I'm wiser now and can hopefully deal with things better than in the past. Dislikes so far: the frown lines on my forehead and my aging body! (sometimes I feel like I'm falling apart!) Also, being so busy all the time.

NovaChk

Asked by NovaChk at 11:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-17 Credits)
  • 20's..can I remember that far back? I think 26 for me was the ideal age. Grown but not old. I liked having my little ones and living in the country.
    I hated the fact that I was overweight.

30's Liked the fact that my kids were a bit older and my social circle was taking off. Bad to say but I also liked the fact that I had gotten divorced. I lost 165 lbs Became more self assured. And had a very good feeling of self.
    disliked what divorce does to your children and the fact that we moved like 6 times.

40's I am now 42 as of July I like the fact that I know who and what I am about and I like my sense of style.
    I dislike intensley the fact that my body is starting to challenge me when it comes to aches and pains. I need to exersize more and I am sure I would feel better
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Okay I'll bite: 20s: Liked: Being a Mom, proud of my husband and feeling loved unconditionally. Disliked: loss of freedom, my post preggo body. 30's: Liked: going back to college and graduating from nursing school, working, loved all the camping and stuff with the boys. Disliked: post preggo body..lol, that the kids were growing up so fast, raising kids alone a lot due to husband out to sea all the time 40's:(more than half over for me) Liked: finally not giving a crap what others think of me, for a very brief time loved the privacy and intimacy when our boys left home. Disliked: being put in a position that forced us to take our grandchildren permanently, loss of the years alone we planned so hard for, I hate that arthritis dictates what I can and can't do some days.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• 20's graduating from college, getting married, starting my first "Real" job
    30's becoming a mom for at age 37y11m
    40's enjoying my daughter, dh, and being a SAHM
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• forgot to answer the "least" part
    20's moving 1000 miles away from my relatives
    30's having 12 brain surgeries, one of which took away my short term memory
    40's going into premature menopause at age 41
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008