Did I overreact?

I have been with my SO for 10 months. His mother and grandmother came into town yesterday and he hasn't seen them in 2 years. For months prior, he's been planning this trip and asking about what he should do with them and if I wanted to meet them, and his mother asked if she was going to meet me. Well, due to scheduling conflicts, the best time to meet was last night during dinner because I will be out of town this weekend and the 2 other nights they are here I have my children. He invited me to dinner, but yesterday afternoon said I didn't have to go if I didn't want to. I told him it was up to him, since it was him mom, and I know he hasn't seen her and may want to spend time with just them. He said he'd ask her and let me know. Well, he didn't. Never called or messaged to say whether or not I was still invited. He messaged me after dinner. I am very hurt and angry. It's rude to be blown off like that. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Very inconsiderate of him. I'm sorry that happened to you.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No, you're not wrong. I could understand if we wanted to have dinner alone with her, but he could've called you. It's common courtesy.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You are absolutely NOT wrong.. I would be so dang mad I would be able to spit fire! At least he should have told you what the plans were BEFORE they occurred!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry too. I would have been very hurt. Talk it over and try to understand what the main issue really was.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Did you try to call or message him? Did he say WHY he didn't call message? I tend to be one of those who, if concerned, will make the phone call myself rather than just wait around by the phone. There may well have been other circumstances as well. I'd see what his reasons were. I do think it's inconsiderate, but I'd need more info before I got all up in arms over it.
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 1:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Well, what if his mother said "No, I'm not interested in meeting your GF just yet" and he didn't have the heart to tell you? I know if i was in your shoes it would have hurt me just as much if his mother said she didn't want me coming over. You can't make assumptions, call him & ask him why he never called you back & that it hurt your feelings that he did not call.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i would be mad to according to you all last conversation im guessing she said no about meeting you and he didnt know how to tell you
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• He could have at least messaged you BEFORE hand to let you know that maybe NOW wasn't the best time to meet mom. Yeah, I'd be a bit peeved myself, you have every right to be upset.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would have double checked to confirm but that's just me

Answer by admckenzie at 2:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010