How do I get REALLY BAD KNOTS out of a 1 year old's hair?

My son has ALOT of hair and it gets knotted so easy. Honestly I havn't been the best at keeping it brushed because its so hard to sit him down and brush it. Please give me some tips on getting the knots out. They are REALLY BAD!! poor lil guy I feel horiable. Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter's hair is curly and gets knotted easily. Twice she's woken up with little dreads forming in the back of her head. I found that a detangler works really well. You can use it after a bath or just wet your son's head. Put the detangler in and then carefully brush out the knots. It's amazing! I've looked for a more natural solution but haven't found one yet.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Is there any brand that you recommend? Or does it really matter? Thanks for the advise!!
    Anonymous

• Try JUST FOR ME!! It comes in a squirt bottle and it loosens up all knotts. I found it to work real well.
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 8:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• my daughter was born with enough hair to put in pig tails to leave the hospital lol.. i've always used detangler for it.. i can't think of the brand off the top of my head but it's in bright bottles and is a tear-free kind... made just for kids... it's pretty inexpensive to (perk!)
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I had to use salon products on my boys hair. It's the only thing that would leave them tangle free. We use Circle of Friends. It comes in a couple of different flavors that have a story on every bottle.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Put Conditionar on the knotted hair and slowly comb it it works great
    Babybrew

Answer by Babybrew at 11:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• conditioner and detangler of course. you can also blow dry it too. wash and condition then blow dry before bed so its all smooth and sleek when he goes to bed. it will make it easier in the am.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• This happens to my little girl.
    I tried the detanglers but they didn't work well enough. I ended up buying an adult conditioner and it's worked great!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• kenra works great
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 1:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• as sad as this is... i use suave kids.. i think its called smoothers. its a tear free formula and the shampoo and conditioner both have detangler in them. ( i use to get bad tangles)
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 3:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008