Follow up to "Did I overreact"

I'd like to stay anon : ) He said he just didn't think it was a big deal. They went to his house then to eat, and thought I wouldn't care. To me, it is a common courtesy thing. I tried to remain calm, and did well, save for one minor phone call that I ended due to being too upset. Honestly, if he had said his mother didn't want to meet me or he wanted time alone with his family, I would be fine with that. I live a ways out and I waited in town for 3 hours to hear from him.

I didn't message or call him because I didn't know if they were busy and I didn't want to interrupt his time with his mom. I had thought about it, but I thought it would be rude to do that.

I'm just so hurt that I wasn't even a consideration when they went to eat. Like "hey! Someone else was supposed to join us. I wonder if I should let her know whether or not to come". You would think it would cross his mind at some point.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• You waited in town three hours?! Well, I wouldn't just be hurt but angry too. Take a cooling off break and talk this over with him. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Well, i would not have waited the three hours. That probably made it feel much worse, but you did not have to wait that long. Maybe he was just over whelmed with everything & did not know how to deal with it properly, so he just ignored what he had to do.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010