C-section question.....

I had my 4th baby 2 weeks ago via emergency c-section (his heartbeat stopped). My very first c-section, when will I be completely healed and stop feeling like I've been punched in the stomach?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first pregnancy I had to have an emergency C section. I think it was only horrible because it was my first. Seriously, it took a whole 6 weeks for me to feel up to par. #2 was wonderful...it took me two weeks. I've heard of others healing faster than 6 wks with their first, so everyone is different! Congrats, and just make sure you get up and about, but don't overdo it! xoxox
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It took me about 3 weeks..but I had some other issues going on.
    Hope you heal soon!
    Congradualtions on baby!!! awwwww. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Everyones body heals differently, especially after major surgery like a c-section. Emergency c-sections usually have a longer healing time too. The more you walk and move around,t he quicker you will heal too, as odd as it sounds, it gets the blood flowing. Its been 4 years since my last c/s and I still cannot feel the area around my scar, I probably never will.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 1:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It took me about 4 weeks to get to the point I could drive and then maybe 100% by 6 weeks or so. Everybody is different. Don't push yourself too much. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Usually around 6 weeks you'll fell pretty normal... it will get better everyday. Your incision might still be a little sore or numb for a long time. Mine felt weird even a year later... I just noticed recently (my son just turned 2!) that everything feels back to normal.... no numbness anymore.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i had my second child with emergency c section it took about 6 weeks to heal but my sisterinlaw only 4 weeks to heal
    marie511

Answer by marie511 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It took 6 weeks for the pain to go away the majority of the time. Now, im 12.5 months post partum from my c section and if im wrestling and it gets smacked, or pressure on it, or if i lift something really heavy, it gets sore inside.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It took me about 6-8 weeks to start feeling 100% again.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 4:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i just had my first sec in jan...it took me until they took my stitches out and after i had moved around another week to feel alot better..by the 3-4 week i was good to go..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 7:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My fourth pregnancy was m first c section. I hated it! It hurt for a long time...maybe 3-4 weeks. It's been a year now and thing have returned to normal! It gets better!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2010