Bible Study last night: Do you believe that miracles can happen still today?

The Bible says no, its not a miracle it's an answer to a prayer.

momacowgirl

Asked by momacowgirl at 11:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Where does it say no? If the answer to a prayer is miraculous wouldn't you still call it a miricle
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It depends on what you define as a miracle. Give me more info and tell me where it says no, they are answered prayers.
    pajamk

Answer by pajamk at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yeah, the bible doesn't say anything about there not being miracles. miracles happened in the bible and they weren't always an answer to a prayer.
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yeah miracles happen still today. If u read the book of mark it talks about how jesus layed hands on the sick and they shall recover. I have been healed of cancer, and things and my dad was healed of a stock and my husband got healed his rist was bad and my grandmaw got healed of her earing my uncle got healed of his shoulder and my mom was healed of sleep problems she wasnt breathing when she was sleeping so i know that the lord is still doing the same things today for we just trust and belive in him . The bible says we can do all things throw christ who strenthing you. It also says dont like NO man desive u so watch out who u are letting teach u. U cant believe everything everybody says. ok have a blessed day and my God lead u in the path that he wants you to go..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes, I believe miracles happen still today. My son is a product of one. And so am I.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• This is what the bible says: John 14: 11Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. 12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.

Yes miracles still happen and are for today also.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• There were miracles in the Bible, not saying that there weren't miracles in there, but miracles came from the Apostles, go to 1John 4:1, Rev. 2:2, and Mrk 16:15-18. There it says anyone who claims to be an apostole is false, 1 John is saying that you can't believe that everything is a miracle, in Mark it's saying that Jesus chose this for them in person, this can't happen now. Jesus appointed the apostles and of course he hasn't appointed any since. God answers prayers, but in the Bible the miracles were instant healing so how can there be miralces today?
    Qualifications for an apostle in Acts1: all.
    This is God's word saying that there are no longer miracles, I trully believe that he answers prayers!!!
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 11:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Have you ever had someone perform "laying on hands" on you? It can certainly be instant healing, which in my understanding is certainly a miracle.
    Which is why I only give the Bible a tiny bit of authority. :-)
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I give the bible full authority and have had hands laid on and seen hand laid on and have seen miracles happen.

momacowgirl: Also, you said apostles are not for today... go and look at I Cor. 12:28-30 and Eph. 4:10-12 where it talks about the gifts Christ gave to the church which are, some apostles, some prophets, some pastors, and some teachers. Are you saying then that pastors and teachers are not for today?
    Also the verse in 1 John 4:1 is saying to test the spirits because not all that calls themselves apostles are true...there will be false prophets, and false apostles.... but it's not saying there are no apostles and prophets.
    If someone comes before you speaking anything we are to always test it by the spirit and by the word to see if it's true.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• bonn777 you say Eph. 4:10-12 that is saying that He gives every Christian special gifts to help people through Christ, not that there are apostles today, and we are supposed to ask Him for help to make our spirituality mature! That doesn't mean that that's not for today, it means that God doesn't give gifts like that today! This is coming from what we talked about at bible study...
    momacowgirl

Answer by momacowgirl at 1:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2008