I need a nice hostess gift idea.

We're going to see my Aunt & Uncle in Virginia this summer. They're hosting this year's family reunion and are going way above and beyond the call of duty. Its going to be great.
I thought about bringing a bottle of wine from our hometown, since we come from grape country in NY but I don't feel like that's *enough* It not expensive wine, or anything.
My other idea is to do my quilling craft on place cards for dinner parties my Aunt my host.
What do you think? TIA!

mrsderekjeter

Asked by mrsderekjeter at 1:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Travel

• I love the bottle of wine idea, and if you want to do more with that you could put the wine in a nice basket and add some good breads and cheeses.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think the wine is a fine idea!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Wine is always nice, you could include a fruit basket and some nice cheeses too.
    Or you could do a basket with some cute kitchen stuff like placemats and cloth napkins and towels.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would do the wine basket and a gift card to a favorite restaurant for them when all the family is gone.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I decided on a bottle of local wine, from our hometown and an electric, cordless wine bottle opener. I'm pretty sure they don't have one. Thanks everyone!
    mrsderekjeter

Comment by mrsderekjeter (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• great choice!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2010