How long does it take

to become a RN?

chelleybeans

Asked by chelleybeans at 1:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in

• Look at different schools websites. There are a variety of programs. It can take 4-5 years to get your BS in nursing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It depends on the school. Usually, going full time, it is about 2 semesters of pre-reqs, then depending on the school there may be a waiting list or you just have to apply. Usually the RN program is 4 semesters, but there are accelerated programs. The program I applied too has about a 2 year wait.
    azpreemiemom

Answer by azpreemiemom at 12:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• WOW azpreemie, that's a LONG time! My DH is going into it. He has one semester left to do pre-req's (most he has already met since he has 2yrs of school already done but he needs specific classes for his pre-reqs). So this semester he is doing the rest of the pre-req's and then I dunno where from there, he needs to talk to the school.
    chelleybeans

Comment by chelleybeans (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Good Luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Full time RN students in my state can get their cert in 2 years. But who can go full time and live indoors and pay bills? probably 4 to 6 years part time.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• it can take a long time! but good luck to dh
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:29 PM on Jul. 27, 2010

Next question in
FAFSA

Next question overall (Travel)
I need a nice hostess gift idea.