Have you ever miscarried while nursing a previous child (beyond a year)? adult content

It was suggested to me recently that in some cases (though possibly rare ones) women may have trouble holding a pregnancy while still nursing another child because of possible low hormone levels etc... (Assuming of course that ovulation has returned as mine did after my DS was 9 months old)
Though this is obviously not the norm (as millions of mothers nurse multiple children across the globe) I was wondering if anyone has seen evidence of this.
Theoretically, once a mother has weaned a first child, she should then be able to maintain another pregnancy...IF the breastfeeding is effecting it at all.

boomamma

Asked by boomamma at 1:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant when my DD was 10 months old. I nursed her until just 6 weeks before delivering my healthy 7 lb, 10 oz son. My doctor said unless you have a compromised immune system or have a high risk pregnancy, then it is completely safe to BF throughout the pregnancy and BF both newborn and toddler after delivery if you want. Women have done it for centuries. If a woman miscarries, it has little to nothing to do with the fact she may or may not still be nursing. Miscarriages are usually (but of course not always) the result of a malformed fetus.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• bump!
    boomamma

Comment by boomamma (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• bump!!!
    boomamma

Comment by boomamma (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2010