Which special "thing" did you do for your child's 1st birthday?

A friend of mine read her child a book, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do that's something special and something that LO can look back on when he's older and appreciate it.

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 1:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had a family get together and took tons of pictures especially when the baby saw the cake and his reaction to it. I think 1st birthdays are really for the adults! Enjoy!!
    Anonymous

• For my son's birthday, I took him to get his pictures made and then we had a birthday party at our house. Several family members came and we ate cake and watched him open up gifts and play with his new toys.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• he got his own special cake..our appitizers were things he loved..weenies, cheese puffs, cherios, mangos, peaches, ..he got a special riding toy and a ball pit, and i bought a picture fram collage with pics of him from newborn leading up till his first bday to put in it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I should've clarified that besides a party, what was something that you did, just you and hubby?
    mypreciousbabe

Comment by mypreciousbabe (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• we went to a childs play area for tots and had the family met us there, fed her a cupcake. we took tons of pics and finally gave her the cake at home so we could get right to the bath for more cute baby pictures!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Oh, well the book idea sounds really cute. Maybe there is a set where there is one for each age up to 6 or something. You could save it as something very special.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Thanks, elizabr!
    mypreciousbabe

Comment by mypreciousbabe (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i did take him to get his 1 yr pics done on his actuall bday
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I got her pictures done in a princess outfit and put balloons and party hats all around her on the floor. I used those pictures as invites for her party. then at the party I put one of her pictures in a large pink mat and let every one sign it who came to the party. I think im going to make it a tradition! It will be cute for her to have when she gets older

hmdfeather

Answer by hmdfeather at 3:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• DH and I woke her up, and gave her her very first present of the day in her room. Downstairs we gave her a birthday breakfast.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010