Does anyone have Rosacea?

I have it and hate it. I use Noritate. I also use Protopic, I think I have allergic dermatitis on my face also.
What works for you?

Janet

Asked by Janet at 1:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Health

• I asked a similar question recently and below is one answer I got. I am trying the fish oil.. Too early to tell if it's helping.

Actually, a change in diet can help. I have to stay away from caffiene and away from citrus/acidy stuff. I also take a combined Omega 3-6-9 capsule twice a day, and that seems to help. It has fish oil and a couple of other things that seem to help. I asked my Walgreens pharmacist and she was a big help. Heat and temperature also set mine off, so you do what you can about that. Keep as cool as possible, keep hydrated with ice water and non acidic drinks (stay away from orange juice, cranberry juice, and all the other fruity stuff I love!) Hormones also set mine off (relates back to temp I think), and the Omega (I call it my fish oil pills) seem to help regulate that too. Best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I had a little rosacea in high school, and achine. my mom took me to the dermatoligist and i took a pill i wish i could remember what it was called but it was for achine. the rosacea went away!
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010