Forever 21 launches teen maternity line?

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/071410-forever-21-launches-maternity-line

Your thoughts? Pregnant teens rewarded with cute clothes? Or "I'm 35 and I shop there too?"

My thoughts? Forever 21 is for teens and markets to teens and this is a bit insane to me.

coutterhill

Asked by coutterhill at 1:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well then...sure...pregnant teens want to look cute and they want their baby to look cute and they want a cute boyfriend and have cute sex and forget to use those cute condoms or agree with the cute boyfriend that sex is better withut a condom.........it is all sooooo cute.
    Good grief.
    Just wait until that teen finds out that her life is over once she has that cute baby and her cute boyfriend will vanish and her Mom andDad will get tired of taking care of that cute grandbaby....it all goes dowhill from there.
    So do we still say...Oh yah, teens are going to have sex...no big deal.
    Arghhhhh.....
    morons.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Wow, that just makes it even more socially acceptable to get pregnant early on in life.... GO USA! lol... I'd strangle my kids to an inch of their lives.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree. I guess they see teen pregnancy as so prevalent that they'll bank on it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• forever 21 is super cute.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah...I heard that on the news yesturday. At first I turned my nose up about it but after thinking about it...really I don't think its that bad. Its not like a teen is going to walk past some cute maternity clothes and say..ooo I gotta get pregnant so I can wear that,lol. The company is basically serviing a community that already exisits...teen pregnancy is a reality. And yeah, not only teens shop there. Its called forever 21 ...not teen world,lol.
    I don't know..I guess I just don't think its that big of a deal after I thought about it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OMG.... Teen maternity clothes. I am so disgusted. Teen pregnancy is just crazy. What is wrong with people???I will boycott Forever 21.....anyone else?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think it was a good idea because I don't believe it encourages teen preg. who is going to want to get preg. just to wear maternity clothes but I am a small person and I dont get big with my preg. and it is hard to find clothes that fit like at motherhood and etc. so I am glad they have made that clothing line because now I don't have trouble finding clothes and not only teens shop at forever21 I have seen older women like in their 40s and 50s shop their for themselves those are the hot grandmas as I call them lol
    babycakeschris

Answer by babycakeschris at 2:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• forever 21 is not a teen store
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No surprise. Teen pregnancy is very common.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• There are a lot of younger women who shop there. It's probably for them, the ones in their early-mid 20's or so who don't want to look "frumpy" for lack of a better word while pregnant. I would have loved to have cute maternity clothes when I was pregnant. I had to either choose to wear the same things my 35 year old mother did while pregnant with my sister or go up a size in regular clothes. I went with the regular. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010