spinoff of the question when can babies start meat

If I start giving her tiny pieces of meat from my plate (she has five teeth in front) does it have to be cooked a certain way? I love flavor so there's always different ingrdients in our dinner. Should I cook a very small amount completely plain? (Again, she is nine months old in case someone new is reading the post)

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave DD table food that young. Everything we ate. She surprised me with what she didn't like. Loved spivey food, but wouldn't touch garlic!
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• it just makes their poop so adult like...great protein and she can chew~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No flavor is probably best so you dont have unnecessary sodium in their food. Tender is the best way to have it cooked.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Try whatever you cook, in small pieces. Anything that will fall apart easily when she "gums" it is a good choice. It doesn't have to be unseasoned.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My pedi had me start stage 1 baby food meats at 4 months after i did all the veggies. I was giving pieces off my plate at 6 months.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I just feed what we are eating. Maybe less salt, but don't leave off other spices. It's good for kids to be exposed to a variety.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• As long as it is thoroughly cooked, it probably doesn't matter how you fix it. Although I would limit the amount of seasonings, especially how much salt you put on it.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 10:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I gave LO whatever I was eating starting at around 9.5 months. I didn't cook differenlty for him. I don't cook with extra salt and sugar if I can. But I do use other seasonings and herbs - so he got those. He loves it! Check out www.wholesomebabyfoods.com for guidance.

Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2010