Have you had a pain free birth, with out medications? What do you think attributed to it?

My first birth was NOT pain free and with an epi. I attribute that to being tense during birth and uncomfortable with people coming in and out of my birthing room (hospital).

Stats: Baby induced at 41 weeks (based on first day of last period) weighing 7 lbs 12 oz 13 inch head. Birthing time 5 hrs including 10 min pushing. 1st degree tears no stiches needed.

My second birth was pain free (minus my lower back being out of whack, but DH applying counter pressure took care of that), with out medications. All I felt was pressure. I attribute that to being so relaxed during birth, and moving through pressure waves (home).

Stats: Baby born at 41 weeks (based on ovulation) weighing 8 lbs 15 oz 14.5 inch head with a nuchal hand. Birthing time 7.75 hrs including 14 min of pushing (no tears).

hillmom

Asked by hillmom at 2:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't believe there is any such thing as a pain free birth.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 2:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• pain free? Nah... it was easy enough though
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• In my dreams! There is no such thing as pain free. But the pain is all worth it when you hold your LO for the first time. You pretty much forget about all the pain the moment you look in their eyes.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• There is, I've had one. Like I said my lower back was out, and DH applying counter pressure took care of that.
    hillmom

Comment by hillmom (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Hmm, I had a purely pitocin birth, had the drip the whole time. Lasted 5 hours and I didn't cry at all. But it sure as he'll was painful. I wanted to be on my side to push, but they kept making me lay on my back. I even would turn back to my side inbetween contractions. I think it would have hurt a lot less if they had let me push how I wanted.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• pain free??? once i got my epi. lol.
    that was the most painful thing ever.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 2:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• never had and epi and NEVER had a pain free delivery. but my sons went so fast it may as well have been.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 2:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I know its possible.... congrats on your pain free birth!!!!!
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 2:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My first birth was in a hospital, i was induced and had a slew of interventions. No epidural. It was horribly painful.

My second birth was a BREEZE! A piece of cake - i could do it any day! Only 2.5hrs of active labor. I would say it was PAINLESS. I know some women who had ORGASMIC births, I wasnt quite that fortunate but I'm very pleased with a painless birth. I arrived at the birth center and he was born 4mins later. I pushed maybe twice. Soooo easy!

Other ladies should check out the documentaries Orgasmic Birth and The Business of Being Born. Books: Orgasmic Birth, Ina Mays Guide to birth and Birthing From Within.

~ Cindy
    euphoricbirthservices.com
    cali4niachef

Answer by cali4niachef at 2:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My first birth was 29 hours or so of blissful back labor. It was slow, mellow, and mostly pain-free. It was intense at a few points, but it was more like the "pain" that you would have riding a bicycle up a very steep hill. Where as long as I wasn't distracted or tense, it wouldn't really be classified as "pain" so much as "work. I think it was endorphins and my anterior placenta, and the fact that my water didn't break until I was 10cm dilated. I had gone on a 8.5 mile walk just before going into labor, so I had endorphins from that. I also had a VERY slow build-up where I was having regular strong but not painful contractions from 6PM until well after 1PM with no cervical change. The slowness of it made it very gradual and I had a LOT of hormones in my system to counteract any pain that might have otherwise been there.

My second birth was anterior (no back labor) but it was precip. Fast and painful.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 2:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010