i bought a hot shot no mess fogger for my house will it ruin my stuff??

have a bad case of fleas in my upstairs but thats also where i am storing things like pictures clothes baby stuff i was wondering if anyone has used them before and if they could tell me if they had ruined any of thier things i already figure ill have to wash everything but will it damage my clothes??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pets

• everything needs to be cover with plastic, whatever you dont want to get ruined. My hubby and I also used one, not for fleas but spiders (yikes) It didnt do anything! the spiders were back in less than a week. in my eyes it was more of a waste of time. I had to wash everything. All our clothes, the dishes, i had to have my carpets cleaned and all my furniture. I had to throw away some of the food, like cereal that was open. It was a waste of time and money for me. I also would recommend taking anything baby out of your house, ie: clothes, toys, swings... anything.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• CONTINUED ...
    It wont ruin your clothes but they will stink. and you will have to wash them twice to get the smell out { at least we did and we had our clothes covered with two sheets of thick plastic!} We are now having a company come out and take care of the problem. They know what they are doing, its guaranteed so if anything comes back so do they, and they will keep coming back until they are gone.
    BabyBugsmama

• I bought the hot shot flea bomber before and everything was fine. Just make sure all food is put away.
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• FYI-You can get an area spray instead of a fogger. Fleas don't live on the shelves. They stick to the carpets. Then there isn't any clean up. Siphotrol area spray is one we carried, that was awesome, at the vet I used to work with. It has redsidual power too. So any fleas that come in and jump off into the carpet will dye too. Good luck.
    Don't forget to treat your pets year round with Advantage or Frontline. Don't waste your money on the cheaper topical flea controls. They are worthless.
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 4:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• YEAH it will ruin your things cover it up, but make sure you repeat the process every seven day for about a month to get rid of fleas and make sure your pet is treated too, cause pet can get fleas outside and bring in doors, Advantage works great or even Frontline too.
    christina200107

Answer by christina200107 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 4, 2008