The risk of a one night stand?

Does anyone ever think about the risks of a one night stand? I've had my fair share, but could you imagine if birth control failed and you ended up pregnant to someone you don't even really know?

yezay

Asked by yezay at 2:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes the risk is pregnant. My hubby had a 1 night stand just before we meet. 2 yrs later we find out she got pregnant and the kid is his. She never told him she was pregnant, found out when she was seeking child support.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Oh and STDS
    And a bad reputation
    Yes I think of everything and it boggles me how anyone can do it. Just a different mind set I guess.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yep, that's one of the many risks. Others include personal safety risks and health risks.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• liking the sex and knowing that you probably wont ever get a shot at it again lol
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'd be more worried about getting an STD. Then again I met SO on what I thought would be a ONS

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• All I can say is I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be as funny as the movie "knocked up".
    :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yea kiwi, definitely not. I didn't add stds because you can an std in any relationship and would be using the same amount of protection. If you had a baby in a relationship id think that the outcome would be different.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I remember a number of years ago a woman was on vacation in Florida. She went to a bar with friends, hooked up and they found her body 3 weeks later. STD's-a risk, Pregnancy- a risk, your life- not worth the risk.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Ughh that is scary! I've never had a one night stand with someone i didn't know of. Most of mine were in college and they were guys that I'd seen on campus or were a friend of a friend. There was one situation where I could have potentially put myself in danger, but now I'm especially careful about going anywhere with someone I don't know.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I am so scared of ANY sex life let alone a one night stand. The risks just aren't worth it to me because you never know if the person is being honest about their name or if you will see them again. if you get pregnant what do you do then, say the man's name is joe and you met him at club cherry'o? Unless I know enough about the person to know their name and know for a fact they are "clean" it wouldn't even cross my mind.
    the only exception i would have would be a guy friend you slept with once but knew and trusted.

I just couldn't do it.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010