About those voting felons

For those who are all about Franken won it fair and square, blah blah blah, does it not bother you at all that those illegal voters also voted in ALL the other ballot items that day? Are you so blinded by the Franken thing that you don't care about the big picture and those illegal votes being counted towards every political office, regardless of who won?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Either one isnt okay. I dont think felons or illegals should be able to vote.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It is not necessarily illegal to vote as a felon there are stipulations to it. And felons are the minority...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 2:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Well, as I said before, here in Ohio felons have the vote...I think if they are not in jail, on parole, or probation they should be able to vote. As for Franken, if he did indeed win illegally, then he should suffer the consequences.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I didn't mean to vote that up...i just tapped on the pad too hard...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• They don't care as long as "their" guy won. Never mind he sleeps through meetings, and doesn't do much of anything else.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 2:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• This is specifically about a group of felons who were not permitted to legally vote and have since been caught - it's been in the news and certain people want to hush it because they want to pretend it's all sour grapes.

I'm sorry, but it isn't "sour grapes" . We had this issue before, illegal votes, votes thrown out and one party didn't care. They were happy the Supreme court STOPPED the counting of legit votes.....

I am all for EVERY LEGAL VOTE counted..but im not going to jump on any band wagon....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• As for Franken, if he did indeed win illegally, then he should suffer the consequences.

It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he won illegally. And they have already stated that they would ask him to step down, although if he had any character or CLASS he would step down. But, honestly, this is exactly what we all knew was happening, that some of the votes were fraudulent, and that the powers-that-be in MN didn't really care, as long as Franken won. Of course, if those votes had been for the OTHER guy, there would be such a hue & cry!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sorry, should be stated that they would NOT ask him to step down.^^^
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

This is specifically about a group of felons who were not permitted to legally vote and have since been caught - it's been in the news and certain people want to hush it because they want to pretend it's all sour grapes.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I kind of lost faith in the election process post Indecision 2000. I think fraud probably happens on a regular basis, not in all elections and all polling places, but based on all the problems that have been highlighted in elections since then, it think it's pretty fair to say something stinks.

I don't have a solution but I don't think it's helpful for us (voters) to focus on specific candidates or elections because i think it's a game they all play sometimes.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010