How old was your LO when you first took them to the dentist?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• my oldest was 3 and my youngest was 14 months the first time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We took her on her 3rd birthday. It was the earliest the kid dentists in town would see a kid.
    That was a busy day! Sign up for school, to the doctor for the 3 year checkup, then off to the first ever dentist appointment!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• 2
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• 3
    My kids dentist told me 3 and now I am finding out you can take them when they are 1...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• you can take kids as soon as their first tooth comes in these days if you find a child's dentist
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My daughter was a little over 1 years old. She didn't get her first tooth until almost one. When I called her dentist, the appointments were booked out for 4 months. She only had 2 teeth at her first appointment.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I am a former dental assistant and I started mine at age 2. My oldest was great - we went right back sat in the chair and opened his mouth! I was surprised and proud of him! My other 2 were very hesitant and the 1st few visits they went they would look in the room, then next time sit in the chair and had to slowly work up to having the exam and prophy done. By the time they were 3 and 3 1/2 they had gotten over their hesitation and are now good about going back when it is their turn.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My oldest is the only one whose been to the dentist b/c he is the only one that's old enough to go. He went when he was 3. The dentist we go to won't take any kids under the age of 3.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My son was 5 but my daughter was 3
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The area where we live, they don't see them until 3 years old. And trust me, there's no way in hell my daughter would allow anyone near her mouth....lol. She cries and gets nervous when they try to weigh her at the doctor. I brush her teeth morning and night and she only drinks milk and water...mostly water. I'm not worried about her teeth. I didn't get my first cavity until 24 years old and at 31, I still have only had 2 in my life.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010