Why the need to control someone elses lifestyle?

The only relationship you have any say about or control over is your own. What can't some accept that concept?
This phrase I borrowed from a friend, but it is so true!!!!!
Those who don't agree with the gay lifestyle, why the need to control it when it is not even yours????

Asked by older at 3:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • The only relationship you have any say about or control over is your own.. Agreed 100%
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Because it easier to see where people are going wrong in their relationships/lifestyles than it is their own. I say its time for acceptance, yes you might not agree, but until they ask you for your opinion, keep your mouth SHUT. I agree with you 100%, just thats my take on it.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I absolutely agree. At what point do we stop? Soon they will be legislating our bedrooms again. Yes, AGAIN. There was a time that it was ILLEGAL for Negroes to marry Caucasions in most states. Ever heard of Richard and Mildred Loving of Caroline County Virginia. They were prosecuted for marrying. He was a caucasion, she negro. 1967 folks. Iwas 5 when that happened. If you don't believe google: antimiscegenation law . Live and let live. As my Grandma used to say "Sweep your own porch before you try to sweep mine"
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• To those who don't agree with same-sex partnerships, the answer is simple: don't enter one. Each person should have the right to decide who they want to share their life with. Each and Every person.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I get on the defense when I see anyone try to control someone else.... probably because someone in my life tried to control almost everything about me... glad to say...I got them out of my life.......... people need to mind their own business and let others alone for one.....and in relationships.... give and take ....lots of love and no one trying to control the other.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• How easy is a persons life that they have time to care what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes? I am much too busy living my own life thanks!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Matthew Chapter 7 verses 1-5
    1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• insecurities. It's not just the gay community either- anyone who has a life that someone doesn't agree with will get a earful.

you should have seen the back and forth that was going on with women who believed in being submissive to their husbands and those that did not!

the way the world works I guess.
    Anonymous

• I love my gays!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Okay because control is what it is all about I will tell you what to do and believe and lov you only if you do this. The truth is I think when you start to live your own life and have your own thoughts you will be less concerned about what other people are doing and more concerned with true living.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2010