How do you get a bad spirit away from you or your family?

FIB

Asked by FIB at 3:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do you think there is a bad spirit bothering you?
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It feeds off of fear and attention. I had one and I learned to ignore it. If you ignore it it will get bored and leave.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 3:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You mean you are haunted?

Anonymous

• Show it you are not afraid and it will go away and find another person to bug.

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Can you give us examples of the interaction it is having with you? Can you see it, if so is it full body or shadow?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would need some more information to give you a better more on point answer. And I would like to know what makes you think it's a "Bad Spirit?" There are different types of Spirits and there is a difference between a spirit and a ghost. The first step is to find out what you're dealing with. Second would be to find out why it's there. There is a chance that it doesn't know it's scarring you (depending of course what is going on) or that it's trying to get your attention for some reason. THEN, once you have the information about what and why it's there, you can take action on ridding the area of the entity. A general cleansing or blessing shouldn't do any harm and could in fact make things slightly better because although it won't clean out any entity it will help to rid the area of negative energy.

Keep us posted & good luck

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You may be interested in this spiritual warfare forum.  You can ask a question or read about others who have had similiar experiences, or just tour around the www.saint-mike.org to see if they have any certain prayers particular to your situation.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 4:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Tell it to go away in the name of Jesus. It always works.
    bohemianvegan

Answer by bohemianvegan at 8:30 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Here's a little quickie incantation to say when you feel the spirit oppressing you:

I am protected to the left of me. I am protected to the right of me. I am protected to the front of me. I am protected to the back of me. Guardian spirits stand beside me and my family. The white light surrounds me and none shall harm me or my household. All darkness must depart. As I will, so shall it be!

Stating it aloud makes it clear to the dark spirit that it is not welcome. Carrying a lit white candle through the house and visualizing the white light of the candle flame clearing the rooms will help, as will burning sage incense. Protection and help is there. You just have to ask for it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010