Do you think people ask questions on here just to argue with those that feel differently?

Seems there has been a plethora of topics raised that get some folks in a real snit. Question asked, answer given... that is the way it should be. But some folks want to fight with the folks who give answers that they disagree with. Do you think this is done purposefully or is it just the nature of the beast? Do you think it is all a set up? Why do people want to argue a point so badly? What do you think?

collier5

Asked by collier5 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think sometimes people are bored and want to stir the pot to amuse themselves. :) Some people are just argumentative for the "fun" of it! Others just want to have people validate their feelings instead of getting actual feedback.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i think someone is bored and wants to start a fight with some of their questions, personally I open the question, if it is a drama question.. I leave or write my answer and don't check back.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think when you women who have had or have children or are having children together and talk about such hot topics as politics, religion abortion, bf/ff, relationships and how to raise children in general....there's going to be emotions running high! Some are more open than others and can respect others beliefs and choices and then there are those who cannot accept others decisions and beliefs as what's best for them.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I can admit I've done it on occasion- when I was bored.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Nature of the beast mostly. Some people are just born to argue and they are alone or bored its a way to fight it. And maybe in their daily lives no one listens to them. Its just a little easier to argue with just a screen infront of you.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I argue a point to get their perspective, and give them mine. This is what debates are and are encouraged in this section.

Answer by older at 3:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i will admit to trying to get a reaction..but i always give my honest opinion
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Usually I like a different op as it gives me food for thought, but if I think the answerer is down right ignorant, and needs to be educated a bit...I have no problem being teacher lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was amazed that this went on. I never even thought about looking at a question for a second time after answering it until I saw "arguments" going on. I think real debates are healthy and make you think. I think bashing each other is pointless.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Some do..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010