update! & ?

well if you were one of the few who read my question named what do i do?! and it was about it was my b day yesterday and my hubby shoved me forcefully to sit down. :( so anyway he kept calling yesterday while he was at work i ignored his calls and finally like the 30th call i answered and told him what do you want? he stayed quiet for a while then he said i just called to say i'm sorry i have no excuse or right of doing that. i was just stressed and i'm sorry. i told him well dont come back to my house i dont want my kids seeing any verbal or physical abuse . he says i know i'm sorry but you know i never touched you like that or talked to you like that the whole 4 yrs we've been married i'm so sorry . i just hung up on him. then later i was outside with my kids and he shows up with flowers and a card and gets down on his knees and apologizes. i said thank you . and my ? is should i give him another chance ? what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• well, I'm going against the tide and say no if it was me.
    but- it is up to you, and if you want to give him another chance I wouldn't even think about it without counseling.

what concerns me is that you said no to him, but started re-thinking it when he brought flowers. I love flowers, but I know how sometimes they can make us want the guy back more than if he wasn't holding any flowers.
    I've been there.
    ask women at the shelters how often they were presented with flowers after they got hurt in some way- pretty typical.
    I would get counseling no matter what, and remember that anyone can buy you flowers, but the real way to show he's sorry would be for him to be willing to work on the issues and the problems.
    please get counseling- it can help no matter what!

good luck!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• if you do not
    I will
    send him my way

however I not see your first posting
    Anonymous

• Well if he's never done it before and this is a first, I think he gets the picture and is truely sorry for what he's done. I mean come on the dude got on his knees with flowers and a card. If my SO did that we'd be having sex. lol! get the point.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I did not see your 1st post. If this is a first for him, and if you truly think he is sorry I would consider giving him 1 more chance. It sounds like he is very shaken up and scared that he did it. I would make it known to him that IF he ever gets to that point and does it again, his ass would be history.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If and only IF this was the one and only time...you do know however that is anything like this happens again, it is OVER!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Of course but it it happens again then I'd be concerned.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010