if you curl your hair alot.....

I did pin curls for an event last night. I used mousse beforehand. I'd love the same look tonight...is it ok to wash my hair first? I mean before styling? Or is the night before prefered (in that case...too late) ? Is it a smart idea to wash out the old mousse? If shampoo isnt a good idea will water do the trick?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i would say the night before is better.....but you could wash it but i wouldnt condition it. that will make it not hold its curls if styled too soon after.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 3:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The curls might stay better if you don't wash it first. I use hot rollers most days, and I can usually get 2 days out of it. Easy and looks really nice.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 3:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• if you still have mousse yes wash your hair then blow dry it then start styling away
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'd just do a quick rinse and blow dry. The more oil in your hair...the easier it is to style and the better it will hold.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• oh ok! so go ahead and rinse but skip the shampoos/conditioners? My hair still has some volume but not like last night. I should have taken a shower last night lol but oh well! At least I have a chance!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Even though we wish we could have clean hair all of the time before we set our hair to a certain style but for me it seems the next day after I washed it I fix it nice works great for me. I would suggest to work with your hair without washing it and go with it, but if your hair has some smell to it like cigarettes then I would wash it like now...then let air dry then do what u did to get that look u liked. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• nope no ciggy smell! I just rinsed it really well and will be air drying since dont have a hair dryer lol. thanks ladies!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010