What word do you hate? I mean like the way it sounds or the way it looks spelled out?

I know it sounds weird but some words just... bother me. LoL.

For example, I just posted the question "Who else thinks TV remotes should have pager buttons like cordless phones do?" and I almost DIDN'T post the question b/c I suddenly realized how weird the word "remote" sounded and looked. lmao. Sometimes this happens if I think, say, write, or type the SAME word too many times in a row. Like, if I just said it once or twice I wouldn't even think about it. But once it starts being repeated in my head over and over, it starts sounding strange.

So, what words sound weird to you? LoL

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• dawg... :p
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i hate hearing people call their parents "mother, father or grandmother and grandfather"..its way too formal. Its, mama, daddy, mamaw and papaw.. =) i'm not bashing anyone really..call your parents what you want.. i just hate hearing it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• bump
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• ruler...like measuring stick...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I also agree with Shay. I had this patient the other day and his daughter kept calling him 'father'...creepy. The word that drives me crazy the most is...panties.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• it bothers me when people pronounce the word pecan like "pEE-can." lol...it sound too back woods and kinda makes me feel embarased for the person...i duno if it is correct or not but i prefer to say "pi -cawn" like p(short e sound) the "cawn" like yawn with a "c"..i know that is nit picky but it annoys me..lol...i have others too....caramel and carmel ....wash and warsh.....wrestling and wrastling...i like in oklhoma so i try to avoid the hick accent...lol..i still have a southern drawl and say word like yall and aint....but that is about the extent of it...lol...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 3:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I HATE ..my MIL calling a creek a crick. how does she get crick from "cr EEEE K?"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• None that I see.. Hear, any words that come out of Angela Landsberry's mouth. Her voice bounces on my very last nerve for some reason.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• oh and i say carmel..even though i know it car-a-mel. i dont understand why people get all bent out of shape thinking they must say each syllabyl. it just sounds better as carmel.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• well I have to say that Dawg is the word that just gets me..silly maybe but it does
    Lola2424

Answer by Lola2424 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010