Do you think people from NY talk funny?

Just curious because I'm from NY & when I travel people know where I am from without me saying. I think it's funny, I don't take offense, I am what I am! LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not to me, of course I live in Pa about an hour away from NY. When I've gone down south or out west I've heard the same thing though......."Are you from the North?".....I asked someone why they thought that and the guy said "Because down here (TN) we talk slow.....up North you people talk like you're gonna forget what you're saying if you don't get it out fast enough"....LOL!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Nope..not funny... I think they have a cool accent.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• -" Yes. And you use funny words like "soda" instead of "pop"."

no we don't.. not in western NY anyways.. we say pop..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I don't think NY-ers talk funny, obviously..it's a certain sound but not funny.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I live in Wisconsin. I am in no position to judge accents from other states. I kind of like the New York accent.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was born in NY - moved to CA when I was almost 2, so I was raised here, and on many many occasions i've had people ask me if i'm from NY. I don't know how that happens, lol. So NO, people from NY don't talk funny, lol.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• lol. if we do it makes us who we are.. I'm from NY and love the way we talk around here.. it's not exaggerated speech like some other places I've seen or been too, it's just simple. Although I guess it depends on where in NY you are from.. NYC people talk a LOT different from the rest of us NYer's..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was born in Brooklyn to parents born and raised in Brooklyn.....sounds like home to me!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yes, but people from Boston and Jersey have the WORST accents in my opinion.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No, they probably think people from the south or over here in the northwest talk funny.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010