taking in herbalife to increase supply??

i was asking around at work wat other mom's did to increase their supply and one said she did herbalife shakes. and it doubled her supply? has anyone else tried this??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And you've been doing this for five months? KUDOS to you. Most moms would have given up already.

I'd spend the cash, unless there's sage or mint in it. If there is, stay away...both are drying agents. It cannot hurt otherwise.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Never heard of using that. What leads you to believe you need a supply boost? Often moms think there's a problem when they've regulated and everything is right on target.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• im just pumping alone! my daughter has trouble latching on. we have talked to a lot of Lc's and such and nothing seems to work so i just gave up and started pumping thought as long as she gets the milk its fine with me! im not running to low i stay about 2 feeding ahead but i would like to be able to freeze again, my hubby got me a whole freezer so i could fill it up. it looks really sad with 4 bags in it lol! and i would like to be able to leave her over night at grandmas or something and cant cuz i cant get far enough ahead! ive done the fenugreek pills and they worked for awhile but not anymore. i drink a ton of water and pump every 2 hours. i started her on oatmeal this month and it is kinda helping me keep up! i just wanted to know what others thought before i spent $20!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Herbalife is not recommended for use during breastfeeding. It may contain ephedra. Read the information here: Herbal weight loss products and breastfeeding

There are lots of safe and effective herbs that can be taken to increase supply.  check out Herbal remedies for increasing milk supply

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• im not doing the pills just the shake it doesnt contain ephedra i looked! but thanks for the info!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Herbalife does not have ephedra in it. That is illegal. The shakes are safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is a nutritional shake and is recommended to do once a day while pregnant or breastfeeding. As for it increasing supply, I have not heard of anything like that.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010