Going to school even though you JUST had a baby?

I want to go to school this fall still, but i'm having our 4th child next thursday....and it's only a few weeks after that, that the semester starts. Has anyone been through this? Is it possible? I have a friend that said she's done it.....but wondered how many other moms out there have as well?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in

• Anything is possible! I went back to work full-time exactly 5 weeks after I had our daughter. I started pumping about 2 1/2 weeks after she was born, about an hour or so after feeding her in the mornings, and worked up from there. It takes a lot of planning but you can do it!! And you will be so thankful you did.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I had my baby May 17, and started an intensive summer course June 12. I am actually on my last day of course two today. It all worked fine, for I had family and DH to be there for my kids.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I don't see it being any different than women who go back to work at 6 weeks
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• they wouldn't have to worry about work for 6 weeks and have time to adjust. I would only have 2 weeks. I want to bf as well....
    I've never been in either situation....so I wouldn't know what it's like, and what things you have to adjust in your life....or even how to make it work.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My due date is dec 4, for a c section, and im starting school in january. I dont care, after my first was born i went to work about 4 weeks after, 60 hrs a week. someone needs to take care of my babies and it sure as hell its going to be some dead beat sperm donor. You'll be fine.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 4:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• if you are having the baby next week, when does the fall semester start... normally not till the end of august or early september
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

Next question in
How long does it take

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
help!!!!!