what to do when u seriously need a break from ur kids but u can not seem to get one my daughters are driving me absolutley nuts and my son gets to go with my grandparents all the time but they never take my girls they are the ones i need a break from they drive me insane sometimes what to do????

momof4onesApup

Asked by momof4onesApup at 3:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ask them if they could take them all...even if it's just for a couple hours. do you have a dh/so around? could you leave them with him and go out for a couple hours? Every mom needs breaks!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i have asked them and they wont and no i am a single mother to a 7 yr old boy and 4 and 2 yr old girls and thier sd's have nothing to do with us
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I feel with you, every mom needs a break to maintain her sanity, try to get a babysitter.
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Hire a babysitter for an afternoon.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i would love to hire a sitter but i am between jobs right now and fixing to start school and not recieving my child support like i am supposed to so i have no extra money what so ever everything i get goes to bills it sux
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Not trying to be rude but they need a break from us too. Sometimes they get rowdy bc they are bored. Can you take them to the park or somewhere where they can run and play and burn up energy? Does your community have mother's day out or activities for kids to give mom a break?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• there is a park i can take them to and we go just about everyday but it is just getting so hot outside here in texas its like 106 with heat index and this little dumb town i live in doesnt have any kind of mothers day out and stuff like that
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Have you tried to let them make thier own cookies or something else like that. I have a two year old and he can play for hours BY HIMSELF after we bake cookies together. I let him do everything (except the when the stirring gets to hard and the oven) after that I give him all clean ideas and he pretends oven and over again. Maybe that would work?!?!?
    littlefee89

Answer by littlefee89 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Do you have a friend you can trade babysitting days with? You take her kids one day a week and she takes yours one day a week? It would give you both a break.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• my best friend and god mother to my son takes him every other tuesday so i can work extra long on homework for my online classes, she usually takes him out for ice cream and or chuck e cheese for a few hours its their time together and i get my stuff done in peace! maybe a friend can take them off ur hands for a few hours. or if u have a ymca u can take them swimming which is fun for all of u and its refreshing esp when its hot out.
    loventhem22

Answer by loventhem22 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2010