How long after you quit birth control.....

does it take to get pregnant? its been a month and a few days since i stopped and i havent had my period at all in sep. i mean i kinda have a feeling that im pregnant but im not sure and i dont know if its too soon to take a pregnancy test. but see in aug i had a period that lasted for about 2 weeks and im not sure if my hormones are just readjusting or what. any one have any advice?

emily1928

Asked by emily1928 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you should take a pregnancy test.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 11:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• There's no set time. I was off BC for 5 years before becoming pregnant. It'll just happen when it's meant to. Be patient, but if you think you might be just buy a pregnancy test! :-)
    Anonymous

• You could be but you could also be adjusting to not taking the pill anymore. The only sure way to know is to take a test and see what happens and then if you are still not convinced schedule an appt.
    KortniLeeana

Answer by KortniLeeana at 2:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• im the same way. i was taking birth control pillS for june,july and part of august. im having all the signs of being pregnant so i t ooked a tEst and it came out neg. it has been a moNth all ready and still no pEriod.so when u find the answer to ur question please let me know
    Anonymous