My daughters blonde hair has turned green from pool..any good ideas to get the green out?

3blondebeauties

Asked by 3blondebeauties at 4:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• im not sure how to get it out but to prevent it wet her hair before she goes into chloine :D
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• LOL! Not meaning to laugh at your little girl, but this happens to my little girl all the time!

By putting baking soda with her regular shampoo, you can get it out ... and by wetting her hair and lightly putting conditioner on it before she swims, you can prevent some of it too!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• my mom would do tomato juice. like megan said, wet her hair down before she goes into the pool or be sure to rinse it right after she gets out...so the pool water doesn't sit in her hair. my hair used to do this when I was little too! :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• They make shampoos just for that.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yep, they all have it right. I used to get a green 'halo' where the rubberband from my ponytail sat.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Lemon Juice works wonders!!
    MacyKaysMommy

Answer by MacyKaysMommy at 4:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We used a shampoo and conditioner call citrus shine when that happened to us when we were younger.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Oh that happened to me all the time when I was little what I find weird is that my dds hair doesnt turn green and she is in the pool just as much as I was and she is blonde. on another note I remember we use vinegar, tomato juice, wet the hair before getting in, and nexxus make a shampoo I cant remember the exact name but aloe rid is sounding right.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010