Ranch dressing and skin reactions

My 2 yr old LOVES salads and only like it with ranch dressing and wont eat it without it. Any who she gets a skin reaction around her mouth (just turns bright red). It doesn't bother her and it goes away in like 10-15 minutes. Should I continue giving it to her or should I speak with a doctor about the skin reaction.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DS is 3 and has the same reaction! Also with pickles & Italian vinaigrette dressing. He LOVES it though! I just wash his face with cool water after he eats and it gradually fades after a few minutes & goes away. He has no other reactions or stomach problems afterwards. I think it is from the vinegar and he has fair & sensitive skin.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The skin around the mouth is very sensitive, and it might not be the dressing it might be the salad. If it isnt sticking around I wouldnt worry.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2010