Where do you pull funds from if you need money on a short notice?

I may need about 200$ - 700$ this week and I have NO CLUE where I would find that kind of cash. My family is an out... no-one can loan me anything... they always beg me for stuff.
I have no credit to get a loan and really can't afford the payments.
I don't have any expensive jewelry or anything to pawn or sell.
I don't wear gold so I have no gold to sell.
I already work my butt off and have been looking for a second job to no avail.
I don't have the title to my vehicle so I can't pawn that either.

Where do you pull funds from or do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 4:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Honestly why would you go owe a huge debt... Get a job that either is paying more, ask for a second place of title in that same company or somehow, work for cash only in a place with room to grow. I know that recycling is a business that won't die. It starts at 10 $ usually per hour, and they won't ever turn down extra work, it's a win win place for work and it's money. It's hard to get work any place. But I know if they take you as a temp----- it's not hurting the company . They will place you on as temp, part time, probably 34 or so hrs. But if you do 10 hr days 4 days per week, it adds quickly. That's 100 each day. One nice thing is you have it as a experience and they will need you again. Message me for more ideas. I can and have thrown a lot of (bunches) out there when no body listened and now it's hot, ...... hmmmm.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 4:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Honestly? We have a savings account for just such an emergency. In this economy, you never know if you're going to have a job tomorrow or not, so we have an emergency fund that, at the moment, is equivalent to 3 months of minimum bill payments, but we add to it every month because we would like to have the equivalent in available cash of at least a year's worth of bills for "just in case".
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Other than a title loan or selling something I can't think of what I would do if I was desperate for money. You have any friends that could loan you some?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I know that feeling, go through it every month trying to manage to make the mortgage. During any month that I've met all the bills, I save every penny because another instance of needing money will be along soon.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• thats when i resort to my ptc sites.. easy fast money!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i am so bad.. I have a college fund for my kids (shh, that's a secret) and when times get though i borrow from there or a saving account i set aside. if i didnt have those i would apply for a loan at my bank and see what they could offer
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If I needed that kind of money right now, I would have to take it off the credit cards. We had an emergency saving account for years. But that got wiped out for medical bills. We are starting to build back up that account. If you can, ask to make payments or work out some plan with the person or company. I've had to do that and most places are happy to make arrangements with you.

MuddyHuggies

Answer by MuddyHuggies at 4:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No, my friends can't loan it to me and I would hate to ask.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Whoops! I hit enter too soon.....I wanted to ask if you could go to one of those places that gives you a loan against a future paycheck? They charge an outrageous amount of interest, but if you're desperate.....The only other thing I can think of is to ask your boss for a loan, if you have that kind of relationship with your boss?

What do you need the money for? If it is medically related, could you apply for MA to help pay the bill?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010