please help me I am so worried!

My 15 month old has chicken pox!she was at the doctor monday and he didn't catch it even though he gave her a cream and said give him a call if it gets worse.Well then I get a call from my SO ex saying that her daughters have chicken pox.I am very worried for my daughter and for myself.Growing up I had chicken Pox twice and then the third time around i got shinggles which is what happens when older people get chicken poxs.I also am trying to concieve and am worried that if I could be pregnant at the moment(8 days from testing day)it could make me miscarry.I know I am panicing but this is my first child and I need something.(words of support and advice).
p.s.
she was vaccinated

ilovemylilymae

Asked by ilovemylilymae at 11:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't think you could get chicken pox more than once...?
    Anonymous

• Are you absolutely positive that it's chicken pox? When my son was 14 months I took him the dr and they said it was chicken pox. But two days later all the spots were disappearing. It wasn't chicken pox, it was Roseola. Did she have a fever before the spots appeared? Here's how you can tell if it's Roseola: fever 102 to 105 (sometimes with runny nose, swollen glands), and on the 3rd or 4th day fever drops and baby seems better but deveolpes spots. These spots turn white when pressed and appear on body, neck, upper arms, and sometimes face and legs. It lasts 3 to 6 days. Complicatiosnare very rare. With Chicken Pox, the spots are flat red pimples that blister. I know you said that you have had Chicken Pox before. Have her spots started to crust over yet? If not, then it's most likely not Chicken Pox. Treatment is syptomatic for both.
    Anonymous

• yeah she has the pimple spots that are crusted over.It's very rare for someone to get it more than once.I have a weak ammune system.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 12:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• OH, I'm sorry to hear she's got Chicken Pox. Really the only thing that I can say then is to keep away from her as much as possible if you think that you are pregnant. Like you said, the virus can either cause you to miscarry or cause birth defects. I hope you have some help!! Hope she feels better soon!!
    Anonymous

• HI I LIVE IN DANVILLE VIRGINIA  I'M SORRY YOUR DAUGHTER IS NOT FEELING WELL AND HAS CAUGHT THE CHICKEN POX.  I HOPE AND PRAY THAT EVERY THING GOES WELL ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU ARE TRYING TO CONCEIVE, I DID WANT TO WRITE AND SORTA LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THIS IS SERIOUS BECAUSE IT HAS BE GOING AROUND OUR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ALL THE KIDS HAVE BEEN SPREADING IT TO SOME OF THEIR OLDER SIBLINGS IN MIDDLE SCHOOLS.  SO I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW SO YOU COULD PASS THE WORD.  HOPE ALL FEEL BETTER SOON

Jamie34

Answer by Jamie34 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• ok... I have to go find this book but it is called Vac. Awareness...Full ogf everthing you need to know,
    But 4 now, I say STOP WORRING!
    your putting energy into things that dont need it1
    I understand beaing worried, But try to stop, It doesn't do anything but stress you out & that is no good!
    So I will get back to you on that book!Lark
    MamaLark

Answer by MamaLark at 2:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008