What could it be? (A jealous question)

Even after 12 yrs. My dh has a problem with being jealous... In the begining of our relationship I wasn't sure if I wanted to be with someone with kids but as time went by we fell in love and decided to keep going. Anyway I made the mistake by telling him my ideal guy (tall guys) he is 5'10 and me I am 5'5" (I wasn't planning on being with him) we went walking the other day (3 wks. now) and there was this tall slim guy jogging and he swears up and down I was staring at him while he past us by I am like omg u r crazy. How can I make him see I love him and only him he has this thing in his head that I still want a very tall guy. I hate that he acts this way. I just tell him to grow up or I'll ask him... how old are you? Thanks Ladies for listening ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I have the same problem I don't know why they do it.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 5:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think he is insecure. You need to help boost his self esteem... when he is changing or getting in the shower, stare at him, or smack his butt, make nasty comments. Just do little things every day that will make him think you want/need him sexually. That will usually help. GL
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 5:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think its because he feels inadequate now. You basically told him he's not your perfect guy and that hurts. How would you feel if he told you he liked big boobs (or small if you have big) or told you that he likes girls that look nothing like you?

Its a painful feeling to know that you're not what the person you love is attracted to or looking for.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Possible tmi- that's a good question- it may havesomething to do with the while saying that tall guys are long 'manhoods' maybe he's not thinking he's too small for you in that area.

jealousy like that can be a bad sign.
    I'd let it blow over, and see how it goes from there. Personally, I used to date a guy that was about 8.5 inches and he was the most insecure guy you could ever meet.
    I never was able to convince him that I really did want him.

One of the many reason we are no longer together-
    best of luck with it!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would have laughed at him & told him he is retarded & then said the same thing every time a girl walked by. "You were looking at her, i saw you" LOLOLOL! I would play his game right back & laugh my ass off doing it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was kind of in your DH's shoes once. My Dh told me (in the beginning when we were not serious at all) that he LOVES women with crazy curly hair. Well, this devastated me for the longest time, because my hair was so straight & flat. I am always trying so hard to make my hair curly for him. I have permed it, i use mouse & blow dry it. He says I'm crazy & that he fell in love with me when my hair was straight & that he is in love with me as a whole, not for my separate characteristics. This helped me a lot. But, i can relate a bit. I just want to be his IDEAL women, i love him to pieces & i want him to find me attractive. I still aim for the curly hair...lol, not as hard chore as i used to though.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I used to be a very jealous person so coming from that perspective I will say this: It's his problem and he has to deal with it. There really isn't anything that you can do to make him over come it. He has to work on it himself. When I used to get jealous my husband would say things and do things to make me feel more secure, but it would only help for a moment. In the end I had to do some serious work on myself and my own psyche to get over it. There are certainly things you can do to make it worse (like actually looking at guys or whatever), but as far as getting him over his issues- that's something he has to do for himself.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Jealousy is a bad thing. He needs to grow up. I don't mean to be rude, but serisouly, you two aren't a couple that's dating and aren't sure about the future. You have been married for 12 years, he shouldn't have such insecurities.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sounds like he's insecure. he needs to get over it. guys are going to look at you. tell him you married him not someone else and you love him. but it wasn't smart to tell him you like tall men. so now he feels like he doesn't measure up to what you're looking for. no pun intended.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2010