Are you this way with family?

The only family I'd rather here from is my mom my dad my brothers and my dh side of the family (his mom & dad & and siblings) nieces & nephews. I love my aunts and cousins but man they can talk up a storm I hate talking too long on the phone that is one reason I don't bother to call or if I do call all of a sudden they want to come over and pay a visit I don't like that I mean it is good to hear and see family but I'd rather just stick to my everyday family. Does anyone know what I am saying or am I just weird? :(
I have this aunt whom I love very much but man she can talk she is an elderly lady but I'd hate that one day God takes her and here I am being dumb... I just hate being on the phone and I really don't want her to come over either. Sign Meanie :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Your aunt is probably very lonely. Perhaps if you made it a point to talk to her on a regular basis, it would give her something to look forward to. It's ok to set the boundaries and say right when you first get on the phone " I only have 30 minutes before I have to do (whatever)" and then set a timer for 30 minutes to remind you to end the call. That way, you're not stuck on the phone and you can still care for her in a thoughtful way.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Thank you above answer! I will keep this in mind for my visits with those on the phone. Due to my talking in detail so much it sometimes is nice to trim things down. I'll use the timer idea too. Good idea.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Send her a nice card periodically. That's what I do to let them know I think of them but don't have to deal with them in person or on the phone

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i know what you mean but thankfully none of my family is like that, but i do have friends like that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You can learn a lot from the older members of your family, and when they are gone, you will miss them like crazy. Remember, too, that one day you will be old and probably just exactly like your aunts who get on your nerves now!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I wish my family was like that. I don't really have a good family and i am LUCKY to get invited to family functions. My family isn't very family oriented....like at all.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010