can you get pregnant after your period goes off like a day later?

I had unprotected sex with my partner after my period went off one day later. He never pulled out.

torisha

Asked by torisha at 11:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• doubtful....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• doubtful....
    Anonymous

• You can get pregnant anytime you have sex. However most of the time it depends on your cycle. If you have a shorter cycle you ovulate sooner in your cycle. If you have a cycle that is 28 days or more you typically ovulate closer to the middle of your cycle.   From everything that I have researched woman typically get their period 12 to 14 days after ovulation.  With my last child I am pretty sure I got pregnant on the last day of my period. That is the only day that I remember having sex during the month I got pregnant.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well, I was told (and I personally found this to be true) is that there is only sbout 5 days a month that you can get pregnant. If you count 2 weeks after the first day of your period that is your biggest day of ovulation. And then the coule of days around it.
    Anonymous

• Hmm... I guess Sex ed if different in different states...
    Anonymous

• You are always most fertile around the time you ovulate. However the time you ovulate is not the same for everyone. The beginning half of your cycle can vary in length, however the second half of your cycle is the part that is more consistent. So if you have regular cycles it is better to count backwards from the first day of your period 14 to 16 days. Research shows that most woman get their period within 12 to 14 days after ovulation. If it is shorter than 12 there could be a luteal phase defect(some Drs.say shorter than 10days.)Sperm can live inside a woman for 3 days and some research says even longer (5 to 7 days).

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well spoken slick. I would never 100% depend on someone knowledge of ovulation if I didnt want to get pregnant.
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes. i did!!!! i was all like omg this is so cool i stopped my period the day before my wedding, it's a good sign!!!!! 9 months later i had my dd!!!! she was a wedding night baby!
    razmatazthespaz

Answer by razmatazthespaz at 1:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you don't want to get pregnant, use a condom always! I had 2 kids and didn't plan on a third. I used condoms always to prevent this, then one night we were all hot & bothered and my hubby said there were no more condoms left. We thought, what the heck..nothing will happen...Bam! I had baby number three because of that one time! I ovulate 2 weeks before my period and you vcan get preggo anytime after that, even on your period! All you need is an egg that doesn't want to leave and a happy sperm! Buy a few pregnancy tests, I never believe the first one! lOL
    Zaneysmom

Answer by Zaneysmom at 1:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My fifteen year old got got conceved within a short time of my period and I didn't think you could get pregnant after your period either. I think I got pregnant within a day or two after my period,
    Gingerzcomputer

Answer by Gingerzcomputer at 1:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2008