How would you cope...

if your mom's mom was dying? My mom is usually the rock of the family, but she is turning to me on this one and I don't know how to cope with this new role. I have to be strong in front of her, but I want to turn to her. I want to cry with her... Advise...?

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be the rock, but being the rock (to me) does not mean you cant grieve with her. Go with your heart and let your heart guide you on this one.

I am so sorry :(
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Cry with her. Don't feel you have to be strong with her. Sometimes, having someone to cry with is a wonderful gift.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear this.
    Being strong doesn't necessarily mean hiding your tears.
    It means embracing them but not hiding from the inevitable.
    It means being there for her and letting her cry with you.
    It means holding her hand and bringing her her favorite flowers.
    It means spending as much time with her as you can and telling her how much you love her.
    And it means after the fact....that you don't give up on life. You go on without her physically but keep her forever in your heart.

Good Luck momma. I wish you and your family peace.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 5:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Share you feeling with her. Cry on each other's shoulders. You both are going through this, not just her. Show her that you care and you're there for her, there for each other.

She needs your love, not your sympathy or for you to be the "strong one".
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 5:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• cry your heart out with her.
    you can be strong and still cry about it. you have to grieve too.
    sorry you all are going through this. it's definitely a hard time.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 5:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Then cry with her.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Step up to the plate...she needs you now.Be strong...even when you don't feel like it. Cry when your alone...don't let her see you.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 5:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Sometimes being strong means breaking down. It happens cry with her and share the good things together why does it have to be a rock ? It can be a bridge with two destinations you at one side your mom at the other and together you get through it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You and your mom support each other in this time. If you both want to cry or to speak of better times, go for it. I am sorry that it is such a sad time for you.

Answer by Bmat at 5:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Share with your mom. You aren't her as she was to you, in reverse. it's like you feel obligated to make it up , yeah, ..... I'd be crushed and want to be strong like she was, mine's like that, and i still need her. It makes me seem like I"m still her daugher on a string, and I hate it sometimes. I'd love to have been strong like her and I am in a bunch of economic, employment, family, emotional, and physical ways, all those are extensions of her life rubbed off onto my lifestyle choices and human quality. we aren't born into being rocks of gibralter. She just wants you to be there. Just don't let it pull you over into deep depression.. Always keep your inner self worth. I am just saying, you're human... Someplace I saw a poem or short story today earlier and I want to share it now with YOU.
    We are the ones left to see the light.... here. They were and are the people that go into another light, there. We will
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2010