i have a bank question

i made a deposit in my bank on the 24th of last month they neglected to tell me i was over drawn ... when my rent check went through the late fees piled up to $140.00!!! i had no clue i recently switched to banking online so i would get every thing sent to my email , including late fee alerts and charges! when i went to put more money into my account today i asked how much i had in there they said negative $140 .61 WHAT THE HELL!! i had no clue i talked to a banker who called their 1800 number they said they had sent me a email sayin i had late fees after i told them i handed received it that maybe i should look in my spam folder i paid the fee closed the account then drove home and there was nothing in my spam folder the only email i got from wells fargo was a conformation saying the i had switched to online banking ... there has got to be something wrong with this I NEVER GOT A EMAIL but they insure me i did ..

Zandrialeann

Asked by Zandrialeann at 5:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yeah, they are full of crap just like B of A is too.... B of A does the same things... My husband and I just went through that not too long ago. Just make sure you check your account online before leaving to make any purchases because one mistake can put you over the top! Good luck.
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sorry that happened to you but it's not the bank's responsibility to inform you of negative balances, that's why they give you a register to write down checks and purchases so you can keep up with your money. It doesn't matter that you didn't get an email or letter, it's not their responsibility.
    Did you not check the balance after your deposit last month?
    Do you balance your account? Make sure that all purchases and such are actually taken out of the balance you are seeing online or on your statement?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• it IS there responsibility to notify me and they did not! i switched to online to make sure i was up to date! i only use my account to pay pills i put enough money in there to pay the bills i never use my debt card they push and pull me around! im sick of wells fargo!
    Zandrialeann

Comment by Zandrialeann (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• is there a way that maybe you can ask them to help you take care of the fees, if you don't do it often they will. It sucks I go through this alot. I end up having to pay because I am suppose ot be checking but sometimes I just forget. I hate wells fargo I had them years ago and they suck just as much as there cusotmer service. Good luck
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry that happened to you. I'll just say "Leave it to the good old banks". I can't stand banks. I made a deposit one day and did it BEFORE they're cut off time (we even called them to be sure we'd be there on time). They put charges through first and THEN my deposit so I got screwed too. I really hate banks these days.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Try Chase. They have been very good. I think you have until midnight to fix an overdraft before they charge you. I check my online bank account every day. Every day. It's the only way to keep track.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2010