"Is your mom or dad home?"

LOL Seriously? I got told I sounded like a teenager just now by a lady working for the Denver Post! All I said was "Hello!" and "Good, how are you?" Anything like that happen to you?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 6:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not yet, but yesterday the cable company called and they asked for my husband . I told her he wasn't home but that I was his wife and she giggled and was like okay "mrs.faircloth" very sarcastically, almost like she didn't believe me.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah! I got told to stop playing and give the phone to my "dad" which was actually my husband laughing while I tried telling the person I was 26, not 16. :-) I just hung up the phone :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• When I sustitute taught at the middle and high schools, I got "sent" to detention several times for being in the hallways before classes or during classes (when it was planning period). I even had my badge on and everything!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i work calling homes too and theres been a few times where ive asked "Can I speak with so and so ..or the adult of the home" and theyll say.. this is..

ha i feel bad but i only ask that if they really do sound young.

so maybe u have a young sounding voice.. nothing wrong with that! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• some people are not so computer savvy, one time someone did ask my dd if mom or dad were home and he lived in India, yeh, right...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yes, this lady from the Fire Dept. was taking donations and when I came to the door she asked me if my parents were home. LOL I have 3 kids.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 6:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No but I had a 9 yo ask if I could come out and play. I was in my upper 20s, lol!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No not on the phone.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OMG! I have been asked that my whole life...I would get calls and the right after I say " hello", they would ask is the lady of the house home? or Is your mom home? Is the man or lady of the house home?...um, speaking! or this is the lady of the house or I'm an adult I don't live with my parents anymore.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• LMAO
    I still get carded at gas stations and stores to buy cigarettes/alcohol/spray paint/etc...
    But is it wrong that sometimes I pretend to be 'suspicious and nervous' to mess with them? =D
    So far no ones asked for my 'mommy or daddy' waiting on that one.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 6:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010