Is this a bit weird? (Updated x3)

Your husbands female cousin continuously comments about 'how handsome he is' and 'how did you have such a handsome son' (<---to his mom) and 'Don't ever let anyone tell you you're not handsome' (<---after you, his wife, commented to her about how he didn't need a bigger ego.)

My male cousins don't ever say this sort of thing to me. Nor do any of my female cousins say that to any of my male cousins.

-No, they are not close.
-They haven't seen each other since they were kids.
-She lives across the country while he's on the other side.
-Yes, they are blood related cousins.
-This is the first time I met her.
-Yes she is single.
-They were never close when they were kids
-This was the first family reunion in over 50 years so his family isn't touchy feely about family

Please bump.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe she thinks the rest of the men in the family are butt ugly and your two guys are the best looking of the bunch.............

At least... If it were me......... I'd hope that was the case............
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i guess it depends on how close in age they are...i have 3rd cousins that are like 20 yrs younger than me and i will say "what a handsome young man"..so if she is a lot older than him then it could be normal but if they are very close in age then it is pretty wierd.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I probably would have laughed a lot about it later & talked behind her back about how crazy she is later in the eveing w/ DH. I also would have said "I know, isnt MY husband so handsome?"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Don't let anyone ever tell you , you aren't handsome. . It's as easy to type as it is to say. My friend says it my son quite a bit, i'm never offended. But at a 50 year, renunion, that's normal, she'll never see him for years and years and years. So what is wrong to say that??
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 6:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I don't know...I guess I'd have to be there to see if its weird or not,lol.
    I have twin brothers that are good lookin and I like to tease them all the time by callin them handsome because they get all embarressed,lol. But I'm rotten hehe...
    If it makes you fel weird HOW she is doing it, then yeah, thats weird.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• WEIRD, especially if they are close in age. If they arent the no its not (like over 10 yr differnece) big deal. You should ask your hubby how he feels about it, even if he likes the compliment if it annoys him than I would GET AWAY from her. To bad they dont make deet for people like that.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• ok that wierd i dont think she sould keep doing that..
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would nip this in the bud. To me it has been this problem has been going on to long.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• wow! she sounds either very blunt or disgusting! Sure I have good looking cousins but I don't say that sort of things to them. Its kinda off limits to those things especially when its family.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• A cousin making a pass at another cousin.....made me gag a little bit to think about it. I'd be telling her this is not the age of marrying cousins for goodness sakes. GROSS
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010