How can I get pee stain /smell out of mattress??!!

My niece spent the night and has peed my daughter's bed. I just found out!! I have the sheets in the wash, but I don't know what to do with the stain/smell. What kind of cleaning products can I use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Use rug cleaner

Answer by louise2 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• they have a product at walgreens called URINE GONE, its about $10
    also, any lysol product, kills germs, its a must as a mom's staple..
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Febreeze and Lysol
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• A steam cleaner would work best. There is a product called OUT! that you can buy in the pet department. White bottle pink lid. It removes odors and bacteria, not just masks it. Really works, and you can spray it on or add to the cleaning solution of a steam cleaner.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• white vinegar gets the smell out of carpet and the vinegar smell only lingers a little while
    ami226

Answer by ami226 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I use naturs' miracle for pet stains, its natural and safe and works...vinegar helps also
    MissLu

Answer by MissLu at 8:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We have a portable steam cleaner ($99.00 at Wal Mart). We use it to clean all of our upholstery and spills on carpet. Anyway, it worked well for our sons mattress as well. We just used really hot water (I actually boiled it before pouring into the steamer.) If you use detergent with a steam cleaner you have to be absolutely sure to get all the detergent out or it can make it worse.

motheram

Answer by motheram at 12:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2008