How old was your baby...

when you transitioned him/her to the crib from the bassinet or if you were co-sleeping?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was in the bassinet for about a week. I couldn't sleep at all, had too much PPA and woke up every time he so much as sighed. So I moved him to his room right next door, with the door open and a baby monitor next to my head, and lo and behold he started STTN (10-7) at 3 weeks.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 6:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My oldest slept in the bed with us until he was 18 months, then we put him in a toddler bed. He never had a crib. My youngest slept in a bassinet until about three months, then I moved him into a crib in him and his brothers room. When i only had one baby I couldn't imagine having my baby sleep in his own room. Now I love that they are in their own beds all night, and I get to stretch out all over my bed, lol. I still gotta fight DH for the bed space tho. haha. I usually win. =) I'm a total bed hog.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• 3 to 4 months old, I have to give my hubby credit for that..I don't think I could have done it. She would still be sleeping with me lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• we transferred to the crib when she was 2 months old. I was BFing, but she was already sleeping through the night, so her own room was a good idea.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I like cribs~I put them cribs from the start~I have toddlers and dogs about. I turn them though, using the side as the head board~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We are transitioning them to their own beds and room now... they are 3 & 4.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• we used the swing until he was about 3 months. But he didn't officially go from swing to crib until about 6 months.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We had our LO in the portable crib next to me until he was 9 months. Then we transistioned him to the crib.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I made the terrible mistake with my 4th child of letting her sleep in my bird from birth. It was what I needed to do at the time to cope. Now she is 10 and we are still yet to make that transition. When she was 4 I remember saying to her I reckon you will be 18 coming home from the pub and still crawling into my bed. She responded "No I reckon I will be 30." Even my 14 prego DD crawls into my still. No wonder I am still single !!!!!
    Anne-Marie457

Answer by Anne-Marie457 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• 3 months old & into the crib exactly! We all slept better. We both snore so the poor little guy finally got the rest he needed!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010