Do you like cooking bacon and adding it to specific sandwiches?

I like adding bacon to some sandwiches to change them a little bit. I put strips of bacon on my version of the bacon cheeseburger, chicken sandwiches, my version of an egg mcMom,and so forth. Sometimes I substitute what is called Canadian Bacon which tastes entirely different from regular bacon.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Bacon, bacon, bacon, I could live on just bacon! I save it and put it on anything, esp. sandwiches.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OMG I LOVE bacon!!!!! I do not care for Canadian bacon, though...that is like ham and I have my own special love for ham, and do not substitute it for bacon or Canadian bacon.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I hardly ever just make it for a burger or sandwich. I do sometimes try to make extra from breakfast or BLTs and make burgers or something the next day.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OMG - I made the most amazing sandwich with bacon on it today. It was a thickly cut nitrite free bacon from trader joes and really one of the best brands ive ever tried. I put it on multi grain toast with sliced turkey tenderloin, friedn green tomatoes, lettuce from the garden, and an herb mayo i just made.... awesome!
    For those of you who think the combo is a little weird - I'm pregnant with way too much time on my hands.
    tavczakbabe

Answer by tavczakbabe at 7:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I love BACON so yes i use it a lot..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I love the taste of bacon, but I hate the calories and I hate cooking it! I cant cook it for my husband because I cant cook it to his liking... so I stopped buying it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• bacon bacon bacon i dont substitute canadian bacon for regular , reg. bacon for salads and sandwiches and canadian bacon on breakfast sandwiches but if the breakfast sandwich is on wheat bread i gotta have reg. bacon
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 7:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sure , I also crumble it up and add it to cheese grits for holiday mornings and baked mac and cheese for special (bday dinners etc).Just make it more of a treat
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 7:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I hate cooking bacon but I love eating it! No, I don't add it to too many things though. Mostly I just like it with breakfast and on BLT sandwiches
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Honestly, I hate bacon! I usually pick it off and give it to my DH if it's on something I order! The ONLY time I like it is if it's cold and in a salad covered in Ranch!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010