am i going into labor? adult content

I'm 38 weeks, I did the whole nesting thing for a few weeks. And for the past few days ive been really nauseous and exhausted, then all of a sudden today I got crazy energy. I went shopping, came home got on all fours and scrubbed my kitchen floor, bathtub, cleaned like crazy. Now I'm having a lot of backpains and pains/cramps, and theyre sharp, not regular at all, but my contractions for my son were irregular. I also have cramps like I need to have a bm but i cant. Could i be going into labor soon? Or did i just over do it? I've had a lot of pressure & stinging too. I think i lost my plug a few days ago, after my husband and i.had sex I started having a mucousy discharge over the next few days...there was no blood though. it was the q1st time we had sex the whole pregnancy. so not sure if labor is starting or will be soon.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well mama, at 38 weeks we know it will be soon!
    i hope it is very soon though!!!
    you could try just resting and drinking lots of water and see if you feel better.
    either way...good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Wow. 9month and no sex.. I couldn't do it. (sorry i know I wasn't the only one thinking it)
    Sounds like you are. I would go in, or at least call your doc and see what he says.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sounds like it to me....hang in there it wont be long now...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Drink some fluids and rest, sounds like your lil arrival will be showing up soon Good LUCK
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree with happy2bmom to see if it is just from over doing it/braxton hicks drink a lot of water and lay down for a bit if the contractions don't start go in.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• goodluck mama hope you feel better
    tandie1977

Answer by tandie1977 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i got naueaus with mine and energy.. you may want to call your dr and just get checked.. better to know its a false alarm then not be aware your in labor and pop the baby out at home..with my second i was 8 cm when i got to the dr for a regular appt.. and didnt know i was in labor.. i didnt have hard contractions till 10 cm and the head was coming out..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• try taking a hot shower, and then resting and drinking water...I had the same pains...if the pain keeps going after a 1/2hr to an hour of rest, talk with you doctor
    Allikats-momma

Answer by Allikats-momma at 9:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• talk to your doc
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2010